Today I painted a crazy mural wanna see it?? (CLICK HERE). I painted it with Ruby on her parents garage door and it was very cool :)
Some things that happened this week:
1. I found new love for my cat (dot). We have had her since her tiny fluff ball days and she has devolved into a squeaky/whiny unfriendly cat. Buttttt recently I have had this soft spot for her and I worry all the time when she won't come in for the night :(
2. I listened to Marc Maron interview Obama. I am sure that most of you heard about this (and maybe heard IT) so I won't elaborate tooooo much. Interesting. Definitely hard for him to steer away from politics towards personal. But a good listen.
3. I did a volunteer shift at Chocosol and got to sample some amazing chocolate. It was super cool and everyone was the nicest :)
4. I bought Sebastian's bday present! (no link for obvious surprise ruining reasons).
Oh, and I also made this soba noodle dish. It is fresh, green, and summery. I know the mango might seem weird at first, but I promise that it brings the perfect sweetness to contrast the spice of the garlic scapes. I've never used garlic scapes before this and I am definitely going to be experimenting more with them! They are so crazy good and also perfectly twirly.
Tahini Soba Noodles w/ Beans + Greens
*For this recipe if you can't find garlic scapes, chives work nicely. If you are using chives do not sauté them. Also, it is not actually necessary to cook the garlic scapes. They are delicious raw, just a very intense garlicky flavour.
- 1 package soba noodles 8oz + sesame oil
- 4 large stalks of kale
- 1 ripe yellow mango
- 1/2 a can chickpeas
- 1/2 a can black beans
- bunch of garlic scapes + coconut oil for cooking
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp water (or more to thin)
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- squirt of sriracha
Prepare sauce. Whisk all ingredients together and set aside.
Cook the soba noodles as instructed on the package. When done, run under cold water and toss with 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Set aside.
Chop garlic scapes (1/2 - 1 inch long). Sauté with coconut oil, salt and pepper and set aside. Cut mango into cubes, steam kale, and rinse chickpeas and beans.
Toss noodles, garlic scapes, mango, kale, chickpeas, and beans with tahini sauce. Serve and enjoy! Leftovers keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.